Water use and protection against pollution in the industry

The release comprises selected statistical data on captured and used water from the industry in 2022.

Of the total 4 156 462 thousands m³ of captured water, there are 4 156 121 thousands m³ of water from the own water supply system (surface water 99.9%, underground water 0.1%), and 341 thousands m³ from the public water supply.

Specially pointed out are the following areas of activity: Electricity, gas, steam and air-conditioning supply; Manufacture of basic metals and fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipment; Manufacture of food products, beverages and tobacco products and other manufacturing, and repair and installation of machinery and equipment, which capture and use 99.9% of the total water quantity. Of the total water used in the industry, there is 99.9% of water used in sector Electricity, gas and steam supply, air-conditioning, while there are 0.1% of water used in sectors Mining and Manufacturing.

Of the total industrial waste water, there are 57.5% from Manufacturing sector, and the rest 42.5% are from Mining and Electricity, gas and steam supply, and air-conditioning supply.