Water use and protection against pollution in the industry 2016

The release comprises selected statistical data on captured, used and waste water from the industry in 2016.
Of the total 2 702 293 thousands m³ of captured water, there are 2 701 332 thousands m³ of water from the own water supply system (surface water 99.8%, underground water 0.2%), and 961 thousands m³ from the public water supply.
Specially pointed out are the following areas of activity: Electricity, gas, steam and air-conditioning supply; Manufacture of basic metals and fabricated metal products, except machinery and equipment; Manufacture of food products, beverages and tobacco products and other manufacturing, and repair and installation of machinery and equipment, which capture and use 99.9% of the total water quantity.
Of the total water used in the industry, there is 99.8% of water used in sector Electricity, gas and steam supply, air-conditioning, while there are 0.2% of water used in sectors Mining and Manufacturing.
Of the total industrial waste water, there are 79.1% from Manufacturing sector, and the rest 20.9% are from Mining and Electricity, gas and steam supply, and air-conditioning supply.

The total quantity of used water in 2016 compared with 2015 decreased by 3.5%.